VPS Hosting v/s Cloud Hosting | #1 Virtual Private Server Hosting
- November 28, 2020
- Nidhi Mehta
VPS Hosting v/s Cloud Hosting
In the web hosting industry the difference between VPS Hosting v/s Cloud Hosting is becoming a topic of much discussion nowadays. Most people usually misunderstand the basic difference between cloud vs VPS (virtual private server hosting). This is due to lack of awareness of the differentiating factors of these two web hosting technologies. First, I’ll briefly discuss the basics of cloud and VPS hosting for what they are. In simple words, cloud and virtualization is something that separates hardware, operating systems, and applications running on that hardware from each other. The basic concept is the same in both techniques. However, reliability, flexibility, and availability are some of the major distinct indicators between the two.
What is VPS Hosting?
VPS hosting is a virtual private server and also a virtualized server. A VPS hosting environment mimics a dedicated server within a shared hosting environment. It is technically both shared hosting and dedicated hosting. To create a website on the Internet, you need to keep the files of your website on a web server. Architecture is one that has multiple individual dedicated slots on a single virtual machine. Each slot can be assigned dedicated resources. However, technology usually works on a time-shared or resource-sharing event.
Benefits of VPS Hosting
- VPS hosting provides total and complete freedom. Free to manage your server like you, you have access to everything and you can install all the software you need.
- Hosting in VPS is very efficient. Unlike shared hosting, VPS is not dependent on traffic or viewers. You have your own resources and you are isolated from other servers.
- Hosting in VPS is secure. All your files are private and inaccessible to other clients regardless of their rights on the server.
What is Cloud Hosting? Cloud vs VPS Hosting
Cloud hosting is the top of the line website hosting solution currently available. Technology has already achieved a tremendous level of acceptance in a short period of time. Websites hosted on the cloud can be accessed anywhere, anytime. This means that hosting resources are replicated for each website on each cloud server in the cluster. For example, if a cloud server already has more traffic, it automatically routes the query to a specific site for inactive cloud servers in the cluster.
Benefits of Cloud Hosting Cloud vs VPS Hosting
- This is relatively reliable because your website is hosted on a virtual partition that takes advantage of multiple physical networks. When one of the servers goes offline, it will reduce the resource level slightly on the cloud, but will not be included in your website. No inaccessibility or anything else.
- It is secured by many physical servers that are protected from third parties who wish to access their premises or interrupt their services.
- Cloud hosting is extensible, flexible and scalable. It does not have the same locks as a single server. Resources are available as per your requests and in real time.
- Cloud hosting is economical because you only pay for what you use.
Which Server Hosting to Choose? VPS Hosting v/s Cloud Hosting
VPS hosting is generally less efficient because it allocates a specified amount of computing resources to each customer. Therefore, if the requirement increases, the system will not be able to handle the additional flow. It will simply crash. The same will happen if the server malfunctions.
Cloud hosting, on the other hand, presents growth differently. Under a cloud environment, the website is a host on a pool of integrated computing resources. This simply means that if one server is reaching its optimum level, then another server is ready to work. Similarly, if one server fails, the website is still running because other servers will continue to serve incoming traffic. If you want reliability and powerful functionality, cloud hosting is a great option. The recent price drop and choice in cloud infrastructure from Amazon suggests that the market holds immense growth potential. Furthermore, it shows that cloud hosting is also becoming affordable.
VPS is designed for those who are only interested in hosting a website. Although it is powerful, VPS is not guaranteed that your website should fail due to high traffic or a technical glitch.
Why Cloud Hosting is Best Against VPS Hosting?
However, cloud-based hosting is more stable and is best because if a part of the component is decentralized there will be no impact on performance. In the cloud, there is an option to integrate additional resources if necessary. RAM, disk space, or bandwidth, etc. can be combined with a few clicks and dismissed when not needed without financial loss. Thus, cloud hosting can also be defined as a web hosting solution that provides resources on demand. Therefore, it is dynamically scalable and customizable according to customer needs. No major investment is required. Unnecessary resources can be removed without any cancellation or further fees.
Copyright © 2020 Nexahost.Venture of Vmayo Technologies Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.