Why Remove your WhatsApp data from Google Drive!!!!
Google has recently been facing the heat for tracking user’s locations even when they have turned off the location. So That amid all that, the issue of user’s data privacy has again caught people’s attention as it affects some two billion users of devices that run Google’s Android operating software and hundreds of millions of worldwide iPhone users who rely on Google for maps or search.
Among all the things that Google stores for us, there is also our WhatsApp data that has recently seen a policy change. All your chats — that also include heavy multimedia files as well — will no longer occupy space in your Google Drive. This means that all your chats messages, photos, and videos on WhatsApp synced with your Google Drive using a Google account but stored without using up the limited 15GB of Google Drive space that you get. But given that there always a risk of privacy infringement and data theft, your data is never completely safe if it’s stored in Cloud.
Let’s know: How to Remove your WhatsApp data from Google Drive
Follow these steps if you want to remove WhatsApp data from your Google Drive:-
1. Go to Google Drive website (https://drive.google.com) on your desktop and login to your Google account
2. If you are accessing this URL via your smartphone, tap on the top left corner and select the “Desktop Version”
3. Click the Gear icon in the top right corner
4. Open Settings and look for Manage Apps
5. Scroll down to find WhatsApp
6. Wait for the “Hidden app data” size to appear below the WhatsApp Messenger
7. Click on Options and tap on Delete hidden app data
8. The Drive will confirm with you one final time saying, “xGB of hidden app data from WhatsApp Messenger will be deleted from Drive. So that Tap on Delete to confirm.