What is Google+
Google+ (also known as Google plus) is the Google social networking platform. The Google+ design teamwork towards to repeat the method people connect offline more closely than is the case in other social networking services, such as Facebook and Instagram.
It’s combined all Google services and shows a new Google+ menu bar on other Google services when you’re logged into a Google account.
The Google+ Domains service allows you to use the Google+ Domains API in Apps Script. This API gives users the power to connect with Google+ features such as posts, comments, and circles within their G Suite domain.
This service doesn’t support the domain-wide delegation feature in the fundamental of API. This means that the domain controller is not capable to run a script on behalf of users in their domain.
Google+ was opening to a minimum number of users to test in June 2011. Google then supply with some of those earliest users invitations to request a small number of their contacts. The service has since opened up to everybody. It was giving service in April 2012.
This project’s slogan is “Real-life sharing rethought for the web”
You may like this too: Can web hosting affects page load speed
Why Google+ was Shutdown?
In October 2018, Google has announced that Google+ will be shut down in the next few months. This statements came on the heels of a recently announced data violation that happened on the platform during March of this year.
Its Launched in 2010, Google+ was the latest try in creating a social media platform similar to Facebook. While it may not have been as successful as its competitors. Google+ still has a committed following through the communities that have been confirmed. To prepare its users for the shutdown, Google has now created an operation that enables users to be able to save and move their Google+ data.
To know more information: https://support.google.com/plus/answer/9217723?hl=en
Some reasons Why Google+ Shutdown
- Although the data leak was observing in March 2018 Google did not inform users about the leak
- Google was disturbing that if the news about data violation was made public there was a limitation to be a correlation with Facebook who had already faced a similar experience with data firm known as Cambridge Analytics
- Google claimed that there was a lack of documentation to prove that any users profile data was misusing.
- Low usage was helding responsible for shutting down Google+
- However the customer version will shut down in 2019, the G+ version will continue to stay